Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Say what you want about Avery. You can't make this stuff up.

Uh, "building" on what WI says below, I offer you this from our friend Sean Avery (or rather, the Herald's Scott Cruickshank does via National Post):

"Uh, I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada.

"And I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about.

"Enjoy the game tonight."

Later on, Marty Turco gets a bit mad at him for it. Not me. I'm kinda in the Mike Toth camp on this one: He's a good time, and makes life more interesting. Am I glad he's not a Calgary Flames player? Yes. But I'm also glad he's in the league.

Tell me you don't want to see Dion Phaneuf fight him tonight. Seriously.

UPDATE: Now linked to same story: Avery suspended indefinitely for comments! Hilarious! The NHL apparently didn't want a gong show, which really might have been what would have followed, considering that Avery's taken runs at Phaneuf AND Iginla. Disappointing.

3 comments:

walkinvisible said...

suspended !!!!
ahhhhhh i don't know whether to laugh or cry... i'm just glad i wasn't looking forward to attending (cause i'm not)

:)
x

Anonymous said...

The guy is simply an idiot!

Anonymous said...

Well, Sean Avery definitely "breaks up the monotony!".