Wednesday, January 16, 2008

flames v. wild pregame: enough, already

posting is a lot more fun when the flames are winning, so i've been undermotivated to write much of anything these last weeks.... my return from australia coincided with a pretty good run, but it turns out that my geographical location has very little to do with the outcome of games. additionally, my new jersey has been shelved at 1-1-1, and i will certainly not be risking its' mediocrity tonight.

i really like the minnesota wild. other bloggers i know can explain, statistically, why they're at the top of the NW division, but i'll just stick with the WI usual: the land of 10, 000 lakes is a hockey-loving community (you might remember it as "the state of hockey"), the excel is a fun rink, i've got demitra in both of my pools, the prospect of boogard meeting godard, and last, but certainly never least (except in size): petteri nummelin.

sure, my boy numms hasn't played in a week or two, but that hasn't stopped the wild from rackin' up the Ws. i fear that this game will be a total blowout by the xmas-coloured crew, as they are offensively capable and we are defensively inept.

i would not bet on a win for the flaming Cs.

4 comments:

Kent W. said...

i would not bet on a win for the flaming Cs.

Neither would I. Course, that's usually when they start winning...

RobWoolley said...

Damn, no kidding eh? We need to start predicting losses I guess. Thoughts on Dion's cannon blast to Backstrom's chest?

Kent W. said...

haha...I called it.

walkinvisible said...

you're thuperthmart....