Wednesday, February 6, 2008

a love letter to peter forsberg


dear foppa:

it shouldn't come as a surprise, but it's fine time that you were reminded of my eternal love towards your blue-eyed self. they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and i will admit that i am very excited at the prospect of watching you in nightly highlights after such a long period of void. so please consider my feelings when you select a team for your comeback.... it would really crush me if you were to suit up in the green and blue out west....

i realize it may be tempting to play with your childhood pal, marcus naslund, and your twin homeboys, but i assure you it is not the way you want to go. it rains so much on the coast, and you'll have to put up with trevor linden. it's possible that your cup memories and loyalties will draw you back to colorado, where the team is sorely missing sakic, smyth and stastny --but obviously denver is a hotbed for injuries (so you'd best steer clear). i really want to suggest you come to calgary, y'know.... cause you'd look so damn good between iggy and juice, but i'm not sure daz is gonna pony up the dough you're presumeably after. it's now public that you hate lidstrom, zetterberg, franzen, kronwall, holmstrom, samuelsson, and lilja, so it's clear you're not seeking another cup....

i guess my suggestion is: head back to the east.... honestly.
i just want what's best for you.... think about how happy you could make MATS !!! :D

according to this, you're dating --which hurts my feelings a little bit. but honestly, pete ? i'll get over it. as long as you steer clear from vancouver....

i look forward to seeing you !!!

kisses,
WI


[NOTE: is it just me, or does everyone imagine foppa sitting around in a bathrobe, getting fanned, massaged, and fed grapes ? every few hours, the harem pauses in electric anticipation until he speaks out in a whisper something like, "tell dallas no," at which time one of his scantily-clad minions would depart to deliver baizley the news....]

[just me, then ?] ;)

4 comments:

RobWoolley said...

I may have peed my pants due to excessive laughing. Man, if Foppa heads to Vancouver the Flames are screwed.

Anonymous said...

I knew this was coming! I almost asked for it in your last comments string! Dammit! Exclamation point!

walkinvisible said...

rob: it upsets me that you don't know for sure if you peed your pants or not...

it's been awhile since i wrote a loveletter, the last one was probably long before your time... really, they are some of my best posts, and i should think about re-inserting them every once in awhile.

you can read a couple:
here, here, here, here, and here (my favorite).

duncan: you knew i was gonna bring it up, or i was gonna do a loveletter ?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Both!