Monday, February 25, 2008

it's official.... (sortof)

last week, i received an interesting and unsolicited comment on hitthepost from the editor of the new york times slap shot blog, outlining a project they were considering. the idea was to have an independent blogger from each of the thirty NHL teams to respond to a short questionnaire, which would be posted on their site in the coming weeks. They've apparently dubbed it "hockey night in blogdom."

now they've posted the first three sets:
the atlantic division.
the southeast division
the pacific division

i implore you to check it out, it's a bit of fun....

the calgary blogosphere is an awesome group and i'm so proud to be a part of it. with a statistical genius like metrognome, a sarcastic whiz kid like rob, tag team intellects like leanne & dave, an experienced & knowledgeable writer like duncan, a pure hockey lover like steal thunder & well-versed critics like matt & andy, i'm entirely flattered to have been the one asked to take part. and by such a reputable organization like the new york times....

i hope i can do you guys proud.
:)

BREAKING NEWS: according to TSN, sutter won't deal tanguay..... wow. shocker.

FURTHER BREAKING NEWS: according to TSN, foppa's back with the avs..... wow. shocker.

5 comments:

Kent W. said...

Heh...stats genius. Math was my worst subject in school.

Interesting project for sure. Let us know when you're bit is posted!

Kent W. said...

*your. Damn I hate it when other people do that. Moreso when I do.

leanne said...

Better you than me. Stupid wavelet analysis and cluster variance...

Cool stuff, WI. I'll keep an eye out for your piece when it comes out.

Steal Thunder said...

Math was actually my best subject, but I abandoned it when I had 5 different statistics courses in 3 years... I prefer pure math...

Stats actually turned me off from math for a while and I refuse to do them... they annoy me... I actually can't even remember the formula for standard deviation right now and I'm okay with that...

Kent W. said...

Stats actually turned me off from math for a while and I refuse to do them... they annoy me... I actually can't even remember the formula for standard deviation right now and I'm okay with that...

I hear you. I had to take a bunch of stupid stats courses for my degree and I hated them at the time. Oh, cruel irony.