Sunday, March 2, 2008

sunday ramblings

a few weeks ago, my buddy shawn took me to see the battle of alberta. i'm very accustomed to sitting in the first tier (my dad's got seasons), so sitting 5th row just behind the flames' bench was pretty fun. if you stop watching the game long enough to pay attention to the goings-on behind the scenes, it's fairly interesting. from what/when the coaches bark orders, to the equipment tweaking, it's a pretty busy little area back there.... but what amused me more than the proximety to the action was the little things like this:



if you look closely, you've got aucoin's rbk woodys:


phaneuf's lime green snappers:


d.hale, k.huslius & d.langkow's weapons:


and "LOMBO'S" nike bauers:
(which amused me due to the use of nickname and lack of 'henhenhen').


there is absolutely no point whatsoever to this post, other than vague amusement for probably just myself. though i did notice last night that lombo's sticks read "LOMBARDI," so i'm not sure what's goin on with that..... probably nothing.

:)

5 comments:

Steal Thunder said...

So my brother and I are flying into Calgary on Thursday night, what is there to do there this weekend (Friday night, during the days)?

walkinvisible said...

friday night the flames play the blues. if you can't get tickets, we could watch it at a bar somewhere.... otherwise, you should go to the mountains, like duh... ;)

Steal Thunder said...

We already have tickets to the game on Monday (as well as the hitmen game on Sunday)... and we are doing the mountain thing on the weekend... but we would definitely be up for going to watch the game at a bar on Friday...

leanne said...

If I were you, I'd almost try to do the mountains on the weekdays...less crowded.

Happiness is Lake Louise on a Tuesday in low-season.

Drop us a line though - I'll come out and hang...

Steal Thunder said...

We are doing a tour of the mountains on the Wednesday as well (on our way back down from Edmonton). The Saturday we are heading to Canmore for my brother's friends' dinner show (his buddy from university wrote it, and his wife did the choreography for it). Apparently its some big thing out there and we are getting it for free...

But we totally don't have plans for this Friday, so if everyone's up for grabbing some pints and watching the Nashville game...