a couple of thoughts about tonight's game:
1. the wings have holmstrom. the ducks have bertuzzi. the avs have smyth. the flames ? absolutely not a soul infront of the net shovelling in the garbage goals. langkow, debateably, but i wouldn't put him in the same bracket. which means we get very few garbage goals... (which sucks).
2. wayne primeau is not a first liner. neither is nilson... end. of. story.
3. we missed huselius on the PP, methinks. even though we got a couple of goals, it looked pretty weak out there....
4. regehr is hugely underappreciated... and debateably underpaid. aside from that performance we all watched together at FC, he's solid as a rock on the blueline. and god, i love him.
5. i would love for luongo's wife to go into labour riiiiiight around the time they've got back-to-back games. two losses and the nucks might be pushed back into 9th.... helloooo lynchmob !
6. jim vandermeer. really, the guy's alright. but as long as he fights in the first 10 seconds of every game from here on in, he might unseat lombardi as my current favorite flame.
7. awildermode called this one. so i thought i'd get it out of the way... i've got two more up my sleeve. one's decent. one's really effin' good.... this one is mid-range ----so here you go: