Sunday, March 30, 2008

flames v. oil postgame: flames v. nucks pregame !!

even with all the superstitious crap i mentioned yesterday, going into the third period last night i actually thought we might come out with a couple of points. then lombardi scored and i was extra hopeful. then, what i believe was twelve seconds later, i proclaimed it "a classic flames game." i felt really bad for the little tyke sitting next to me, who flew in from toronto with his pops to see his favorite player, jarome iginla... bah. at least the firespitters went off twice (though there was only one official goal).

mcgeough ends his flame-killing career at a devastating 1-5 for this season, for an earth shattering 87% of flames losses under his officiating. though fairly quiet last night, there were a few missed calls on both sides. apparently tripping is no longer a chargeable offense in the NHL....

and on and on. i'm really effin' worried that luongo will get his mojo back just in time to put my team down. those guys are gonna be playing the hardest game of their year. i don't like that idea one bit...

i'm working.
ugh.

2 comments:

Kent W. said...

firespitters

I originally read this as "facesitters". Yeah...I dont know whats wrong with me either.

Canuckfan said...

those guys are gonna be playing the hardest game of their year. i don't like that idea one bit

Look, if we actually do play "the hardest game of [our] year", there won't be anyone more surprised than Canuck fans. Everyone I talk to thinks we're going to lose, and lose badly--and what's more, that we deserve to lose.

For me, I may barf from the tension. Good luck to both teams tonight--and here's hoping for a desperation-driven regulation-time win by my sadsack Nucklers.