Tuesday, March 11, 2008

flames v. blues postgame: the mojo returneth

first of all, whoah.

second of all, whoah.

i'm envious that ST and ST2 were at that game, cause hell. you might as well fly in from toronto to watch one of the most offensive games of the year, where juice and lombo both snapped scoring droughts, kipper looked largely awesome and iggy passed theoren fleury to take the alltime franchise scoring title... meh. i gue-ss....

kipper, while finishing the game, got a bit rattled by an accidental owen nolan knee to the head. apparently the blow brought out a feistier version of our generally-calm 'tender. i think the replay of the game is kipps tossing the puck into the face of a st. louis player. like RIGHT IN THE FACE.... hot.

lombo's goal also damn highlight reel worthy....

*sigh*

this is not my best post ever but i gotta go to work.

4 comments:

awildermode said...

Lombardi is awesome. I have not seen moves like that since...the last time he scored. I actually jumped out of my seat when he scored.

One thing I noticed, Ovechkin slams against the boards after he scores, Iginla takes out his mouthpiece. not as flashy, but certainly a signature move. "Yeah, baby!"

Kent W. said...

Work?

walkinvisible said...

AWM:
iggy's move IS pretty flashy.
in an interview today he said he had some celebration moves all planned out (like "the windmill") but he wasn't sure if the puck went in off of langks. "missed opportunity," he said (not verbatim). very funny soundbyte....

MG:
i occasionally pick up days helping out a producer i used to work with alot.... he just got back from a job in puerto rico so i'm helping him out with the wrap.... easy stuff. pays the bills.... today's my last day.

Steal Thunder said...

Awesome game...

For my first ever Flames game in the Saddledome, I'm not sure much short of a Stanley Cup win could top it...

There was a little video clip of Theo congratulating Iggy on his goal that they played the next period...

I may have to take my friend up on his suggestion that I look into finding employment with my company in Calgary...

As I'm back in the world of ice and snow, I'll probably put up my postgame at sometime tomorrow (there aren't a lot of places to get internet access in the Rockies)...

But I did already post abut the Hitmen game... kinda...