Monday, April 23, 2007

the end...

my agony over the end of the season was softened by booze and the fact that my pal strombo called the first OT for me over the phone, as i was unable to watch.... a few months ago, he was in LA during a habs-leafs shootout, and i called that one for him. this was proverbial payback. and i have to say that, even though i was convinced the flames would lose, i was grinning like a fool during his play by play of the period...

and when all was said and done after detroit scored in 2OT, i received his text that said "are you OK ?" and i can honestly say i was. cause it's the end of this excrutiating era.
playfair best be gone.
go flames 08, and go rangers 07.

thanks for being around, kids.
sincerely,
walkinvisible

1 comment:

HG said...

and i can honestly say i was. cause it's the end of this excrutiating era. playfair best be gone.

I know exactly what you mean. People are asking me the same thing and look at me funny when I say I am okay.