Tuesday, January 25, 2011

tentative proof that NOBODY likes olli jokinen



perhaps based in fiction (or possibly based in reality), rob kerr told a story on the fan960 today about how the insta-favorite internet website with olli jokinen dancing instead became a jumbotron treat showcasing iginla's head....

the story goes that olli didn't want the beauty of a clip to be played for the saddledome faithful (possibly knowing that the song title, "fuldans" translates to "the ugly dance"), and when his teammates started ribbing him about it, he suggested none of them would want to be depicted that way in front of the home crowd either....

iggy jumped on the opportunity and said "sure, why not."

what this tells me is:

1. jokinen might be able to speak swedish, or is best pals with mickis
2. jokinen can't take a joke, which makes his name ironic
3. the rest of the team are internet aware and are jokers (*sorry*)
4. iggy's a good sport, and knows a good thing when he sees it.

rob kerr followed up the story by suggesting that brent sutter wants every player to get their turn following a goal. fuck, i hope whomever's website that is somehow get money out of this....

also ? the song, by swedish "electro pop dance band," fulkultur, is effin' catchy.... and i don't even LIKE duffduff music...

i DO, however, enjoy the swedes.
;)

[as a footnote: dancing foppa here. dancing gio here. this is fun !!!]

5 comments:

Justin Azevedo said...

You have no idea how much it pains me that I can't use this song on the podcast :(

Subversive said...

My favourite part is when the 4 Olli's start truckin' across in the background. Damn, but I was crying a little, I was laughing so hard.

mikeH said...

After some messing around, I've decided my favourite Olli move is Twist-Gunga.

walkinvisible said...

stilla-stek rules for me. no matter who's dancing (but my preference is forsberg).
:)

KingJafi said...

Yes!! Love it how the first move busted out on the video you posted is my fav (Rulla + Balansera) by the guy in the yellow shorts and red shirt (I like those shorts).

FYI, I showed my Swedish friend the website and apparently the band's been around for a while and is somehow affiliated with the 80/90s Swedish pop band Roxette. A little useless random info for you guys.