Tuesday, January 18, 2011

pre-HC blogger meetup: one for the ages

well, we've done a lot of talking and it's time to announce the official pre-heritage classic blogger meet-up. since this one is sounding a little legendary with the prospective guestlist, i thought i'd put it out there early so anyone fence-sitting can start booking accoms... ;)

saturday, february 19th at the cat n' fiddle. why ? well because it used to be a funeral home and it's stumbling distance for your gracious hosts (me & mikeH). time will be determined by consensus, but let's call it 7:30 for now and we can adjust it later.

while the official invitation has yet to go out, i'm expecting "yay"s from azevedo and most likely arik who's apparently gonna make the trek from bos-town (4thlineblog), sarah (cwgap) is comin' from vancouver, hayley (m&g) will make a triumphant but brief return from the nation's capital, flamesnation should be represented by both steinberg and the local blogosphere's pater familias (kent wilson), open ice hits' leanne might show if she's around, guerrillasportsnetwork's rob will get an offer, as will domebeers ---who lamented not showing up to the last one and got an asskicking for it from his bro, friend and commenter d_p_h could hobble there blindfolded (so he'd BETTER show up), 92.9's newsboy missed the last meetup at schanks cause of dinner with the inlaws so he swore he'd hit the next one, AND htp's newest auteur (kingjafi) is debating the journey from florida to boot.

ie: it could be a fun party....

who's in ?

:)

13 comments:

Colin Stuart said...

Even though I don't have tickets for the game, this is seriously making me consider looking at a weekend flight from San Fran.

walkinvisible said...

Arik doesn't have a ticket either, FYI. You guys could find a bar and beer and hang.... Just sayin'. ;)

dph said...

in...

JA said...

I'm sure there will be scalpers selling at face value if you wanted to go that route.

I also propose we have an optional skate around 3 or 4 at Confederation Park.

dph, when we finally meet, you will either be 1. sorely disappointed or 2. overjoyed to know I am as crazy as I sound.

walkinvisible said...

optional skate sounds halfway decent. and the two outdoor rinks at 10th street around... say.... 26th ave are pretty sweet.
:)

KingJafi said...

I am having the snow vs sun debate. Though I am already out of pocket with the tickets... And the optional skate does sound fun!

Btw, you guys see that Cammy separated his shoulder tonight...they are saying he will be out a couple of weeks...ha...more like a couple of months. Watching him crash in the boards was painful. Ouch.

Arik said...

3 Things:

1) I DO read. Hah! I just don't do it every day.

2) I ain't from no Boston no more, I've been in Virginia Beach for, like, a whole 6 months.

3) Should I bring my southern accent?

walkinvisible said...

arik: i was just making sure you were paying attention. and yes, accents are cute. ;)

Subversive said...

I'm not a blogger (though I hasve been mulling over the idea of starting charliesimmerisridiculous.blogspot.com, just as soon as I can find time to watch and write down all of the absurd things he says), however I'm going to assume that since you posted this publicly I'm invited. :)

I'm going to try and make it to this, sounds like fun.

walkinvisible said...

subversive:
of COURSE you're welcome !!! everybody is !!!! i'm available at walkinvisible@gmail.com if you (or anyone else) have any further queries on the subject.
:)

mikeH said...

This is going to be excellent, I can't wait to see everyone.

Of course, that assumes my liver doesn't give up on me before Feb. 19. There are rumours going around that its planning a revolt.

awildermode said...

sorry, will not be able to make it due to long commute up there. if i only had some sort of time machine...

Sarah said...

Thanks for steering me in this direction, Mike :) I will definitely be there, various members of my family in tow. Let me know if/how the skating plan develops, and I'll try to find room in my suitcase among all the shoes for my skates :D