- the flames got killed in the aforementioned boston game, and had a disgustingly poor showing at eric nystrom's homecoming on the island, but somehow managed to destroy the best team in the league in the nation's capital on sunday (well, on the scoresheet anyways)... all this really means is that flames fans get to keep their playoff hopes alive with fingers crossed that the avs season will tank in spectacular fashion....
- i'm sure by now that everybody's seen this, and thanks to sjc for alerting me to its existance. to me, the best part is the look on dvdg's mug (to playfair's right) throughout: totally straightfaced. it looks like dvdg is listening to nervous jimmy order a coffee at tim's, not blow an effin' gasket... the other best part (ie: best part #2) is the incredible hulk-like disrobing (i love how the assistant coach picks the jacket up immediately, so as to minimize the amount of spit and sweat on it presumeably).... i understand the use of superlatives, and that there should only be one "best part" but really, there are about eight best parts in this clip.... i gotta say: i have a whole new respect for jimmy canaryshirt..... i almost like the guy now.... ;) apparently he got fined an undisclosed amount for his outburst....
- i'm starting to feel a bit of a kinship with pat steinberg.... i don't listen to O/T after every single game but when i do, i try to help a brother out when he's at a loss (like, for example, some caller was musing about why gio and jaybouw have never played together, and steinberg couldn't recall.... so i dropped him an email reminding him that they were paired back when sarich was on the shelf... pat always seems grateful for the 411)... anyhow, yesterday i sent in my thoughts on daz which i believe he read on the airwaves... i was outtie by then, though, so maybe he skipped it:
darryl sutter has to go and my reasonning is this:i'll have a lot more to say on this subject in the coming weeks... ;)
last year when the team was forced to dress a short bench because of blatant cap mismanagement, he should have been fired. he brushed off criticism and blamed injuries, but took no responsibility for spending to the cap and not leaving room for injury replacement... while he should have gotten pink slipped, he was given 'one more season' to get it right by the fans.... 09/10 was his mulligan year and (last i checked) you don't get a do-over on a mulligan.
bear in mind that john ferguson jr handicapped the leafs for years to come, and had he been removed from his job even one year earlier, it wouldn't be so grim in toronto right now.
- here's a production still from "keep your head up kid: the don cherry story" that began airing last night on cbc.... um.... i'm sure the story's awesome but it's like four hours long.... and also ? there's no way don cherry was that attractive when he was younger.
- there are a number of reports that dion likes to talk in the dressing room... there are also plenty of rumours around which might explain why dion is always going full tilt, full time.... 'nuff said.
- we decided that there was no place for puppies/dogs in the blogosphere.... but what about cats ?
[sutter(s) dismissal countdown: day 26 ---gettin' closer !]
have a great week, friends.