Thursday, March 4, 2010

blog updates: backlund on backlund

firstly, congratulations to freddan for knocking up his ladyfriend... he announces it in swedish over on his blog (that i will continue to read cause i still love that guy). ;)

mickis has also updated his blog and it translates loosely as follows:

"6 benefits 1 loss on the roadtrip, NHL now!
Yes, our roadtrip during the Olympics went really well for us! We started to play against Toronto on and won with 5-1, where I had 2 goals. Then we flew on to Providence and played 3 matches in 3 days only to Providence, where we lost 2-4 I had 1 assistant then drove (2 hours bus) we have to Bridgeport and played and won by 1-0 then ended the weekend in Providence where we took revenge and won 5-2 and I had 1 goal. After the weekend we had 1 days off and then I took the opportunity to take care of my body so I and Kronwall went to the Westin Hotel and drove hottub and steam room! Then later that day I took a full body massage at our hotel.

The second week of our roadtrip began in Bridgeport and we won the match 3-2 o I had 2 ass. After the game we drove to Worcester (2.5 hours bus) and when we arrived it was time to check out Sweden's quarterfinals and it was not so good as you all already know! It was very disappointing in my room and Kronwall threw things about themselves in sheer frustration! Roadtrip ended with two matches against Worcester and we won both, the first after penalties and the other during the regular time, I had 4 points in those games.

So in total we won 6 matches and lost only 1, it will also be added that the team had played two matches before I flew over there and they won both of those as well so it was a really good roadtrip, 8-1-0! For me, it was also really good, I had good speed in skates and created very positions and played with a cruel good self-esteem! I was also praised for my game as Player of the Week in AHL during the second week of the roadtrip! So it was really fun to have such a nice prize!

We flew home on Sunday to Vancouver again and landed in the early 3e period in the Olympic final so after we got our luggage, we looked at the match at the airport and it was good pressure there! All watched the match over the entire airport! A very exciting and good game! We took the bus also home to Abbotsford, and I got on the road know that I would be named later on Monday or on Tuesday. So I went home and packed, washed and got into the apartment.

On Monday I went down the hall to run a bit fys and the ice bath and then I got my plane ticket to Calgary and later on Monday evening, I landed in Calgary!
I was so happy to be named again, although I knew the roadtrip that I probably would be named if I'm good! It was a nice feeling to sit on the flight back to Calgary and it felt really good at training on Tuesday. Yesterday Wednesday we played our first match after the break and I can not exactly say it went well, we lost by 0-4 at home! For me, it was however quite good but it felt good to lose lodge first game after the break, and especially not at home! So for us pulls us up to tomorrow's match at home against New Jersey!

So we play at home tomorrow and then we play away against Minnesota on Sunday and gone to Detroit on Tuesday! Must be great to play against all the Swedes in Detroit and in particular against Lidas!

It feels so good to be cruelly named again and I hope to stay here in the NHL now, the rest of my North American career! I've been playing really well at the end since I was named the first time and the coaches and management are pleased with me so I'll just continue to show them that it is in the NHL that I'll play!"

this is pretty much the only happy news in flamesville, but i gotta say i'm stoked for the guy....
maybe shep shed some light on what word always translates to "cruel good" and "cruelly" (but both mean good things). anyhow....
:)

7 comments:

Colin Stuart said...

His enthusiasm is definitely encouraging. If only some of that would rub off on the rest of the team.

walkinvisible said...

here, here....

JA said...

Backs is quickly becoming one of my favorite Flames. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't be up with the club, but he goes out there and works his ass off every single time he is on the ice. There is only three other guys on the team that do that on a night in, night out basis.

walkinvisible said...

nobody can convince me that he shouldn't be on the big club right now. he's playing with bourque, who is arguably the team's #1 winger, and he's thriving. upon his return to the baby flames during the olympics, he was a "man among boys" (said duncan after attending the HEAT v. marlies game) and was named AHL player of the week.

the kid is effin' ready.

in other totally unimportant backlund news: i saw a dude last night in a #60 jersey. i cannot believe i've never seen another #5 aside from mine (though i'm sure they exist) but i've seen a backlund. how bizarre....

speaking of backlund jerseys: next year if they make the ladies cut retro throwback, i'm gonna get a backlund. or am i gonna get a MICKIS ? ;)

Justin said...

I agree. I see no reason for him not to be here. There has been nothing he has done to warrant being sent down again.

I'd go with a Backlund jersey. But if you want some one asking you every 5 seconds who "Mickis" is, go with that one.

walkinvisible said...

probably a good call. it's a good thing that the nhl is forcing me to wait on this jersey anyways, cause i bet he takes a lower number next year.

shep said...

grymt = cruel, its like "fierce" or similar. an expression.

"mickis" is usually the nickname for girls named mikaela/michaela in sweden, boys named mikael/michael is usually called "micke", but not for #60 i guess:)