Thursday, March 5, 2009

flames v. flyers updated: GUARANTEED loss

the flames have re-called kris chucko, who will play his first NHL game, presumeably, in philly. i'm not sure who's out, then ---if vandy gets a scratch or peters spends the night in the pressbox (DVDG was already sent down this morning) but what i thought might be a joke of a game is now a punchline.

all the same, i would really love to be wrong, here. and i would love to see chucko light it up on the second line and prove that he's a bonafide, late-blooming first rounder... but i'm not counting on it. sutter is clearly gonna try out all the babies to see who fits the best and i must admit i like THIS idea quite alot...

thanks to ms.conduct for the heads-up....

[read below for the rest of today's thoughts]
:)

7 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Chucko... in Philly? Oh man. What I wouldn't give to be at that game. I bet Philly fan can put together a PRIMO Chucko jeer. *swoons a little at the thought*

Steal Thunder said...

Chucko almost just scored...

RobWoolley said...

We ain't losing shit tonight.

Dave said...

I think tonight's game was the exact opposite of a loss.

We need more of your magic touch, WI. :D

walkinvisible said...

i should obviously guarantee losses more often.

it turned out exactly like when alfredsson guaranteed the cup !!!

duncan said...

Well, I'm glad it was you who posted this instead of me, even though I said it too, and you know it. Guess I'll leave out my planned "we might not win again on this roadtrip" entry, too.

awildermode said...

i like your guarantees