well, with 6 of the 9-or-so regular flames blogosphere bloggers out at the ol' kilkenny last night, there's not a whole lot to say here that hasn't already been said. to sum up (for HG and ST, and the folks at BofA whom i've apparently been missing out on), here's a top ten of what was generally discussed:
1. lombardi should be centering tanguay and boyd. they looked incredibly good on the one powerplay shift they were allowed together, scoring a much-needed goal.
2. kipper just isn't quite right
3. conroy's goal was a one-off (sarcastic, yet appreciative, applause ensued)
4. phaneuf needs to get signed ASAP, or we'll need to trade someone expensive to make room for the extraordinarily huge offer sheet that we'll have to match come july 1
5. nachos are better without raw onions
6. sedins are as annoying as ribiero and alfredsson (though we see them more often and two at a time)
7. dave actually does exist
8. losing to vancouver is painful. losing to vancouver repeatedly is excrutiating...
9. calgary's fourth line will never, ever, ever be allowed a goal (especially with mcgeough officiating)
10. the mystery favorite snack of coach keenan is ice
so there you go, kiddies. another meetup, another loss. we will have to keep these group viewings to a minimum and to meaningless matchups... 'twas very nice to finally meet some of the more socially absent bloggers, and put faces and names to the various handles (uhhh, i suppose that means me and MG, specifically)...
flames meet the ducks tomorrow night and god help us if we lose....