Thursday, October 7, 2010

the debut of hagbourqisson: bring it

i really don't have much to say about the 10/11 season that i haven't already said here and/or over at flamesnation in the past weeks. i'm not a huge fan of the bottom end of the lineup, especially with the expensive players we've got in the pressbox (due to injury and otherwise).

how pardy draws in over sarich tonight is beyond me, but ---wasted capspace aside--- i can't say i'm against it. also, if ever there was a game raitis ivanans HAD to play, it would be tonight (and i'll spend the rest of the season wishing we still had pocketdawes instead, no doubt). the jury's still out on tim jackman for me, and how young brett draws in over a guy like conroy (injury aside, of course) is kindof mindblowing.

do the sutters still think it's pre-season ?!?

up north, we'll finally get a chance to see what their kids are really made of. i'm not convinced taylor hall's quite ready, but i expect to see some points notched by either or both of eberle and pääjärvi-svensson (just because MPS was forced to drop a name by the NHL doesn't mean i have to do it). i only wish i was with my boy AA down in the 'hat for the tilt....

again, me and mikeH will begin the evening at FC if anyone's interested in stopping by to say hello. we'll be there for 6pm (the FC hockey pool draft) and i'll be the gal in the gio jersey. hopefully he can repeat his season-opening goal from last year....

:)

10 comments:

shep said...

its pääjärvi :)

can't believe they're playing sutter before old man conroy. is he injured or anything?

I like (love) the 4-5 pairing being together again and that 27 ia pb:ed

shep said...

also, it seems jones is in instead of macintyre making ivanans even more useless

Kent W. said...

I'll be counting scoring chances at home, so I won't be able to make it. I will, however, be on the radio with Steinberg after the game.

Colin Stuart said...

Wish I could be at Flames Central :(

walkinvisible said...

shep: the name has been edited to employ proper use of umlauts. thank you for the heads-up. i'm still using svensson, though, unless you can tell me some real swedish reason for him dropping it...?

i'm VERY excited about the 4/5 pairing. and i'm not exactly sure of your shorthand but i think it means you love that staios is pressbox material. (me too).

mikeH said...

WI: I can see why you're most excited about the J.Bo-Gio pairing... we've lost the Johnson Pardy. The T.J. Pardy doesn't sound nearly as impressive (or dirty).

With Staios still in the building after the game he will be available to read stories/serve milk and cookies/complain about his aching back, you know, like grandparents do. I'm sure the kids on the team appreciate it.

Soooo looking forward to hockey, even if i'm convinced our team is on a long term slide. I dare them to prove me wrong (Please!).

duncan said...

Kent, it's kinda sad, while simultaneously indicative of your great commitment, that you can't go to Flames Central because you'll be counting chances. Thanks for that, though.

To the rest of you: Wish I was there.

shep said...

wi: hehe, yes pb:ed = pressboxed if thats a word :)

I think magnus choose to drop the svensson in his last name himself. read that somewhere

shep said...

backlund number 11 !?! better than 60

Goad said...

Not that this is news buuuut....

Ruh Roh!