Friday, April 9, 2010

And then there was one

With only one game left and an extended off season now a certainty, I figure this is it.  Time for a shorthand opinion poll of our team's manager and coach.



Darryl - A lot of great things have been written about Darryl Sutter's history with the team and the need for change. Hayley at M&G went ahead and collected a bunch of the dicussion on this into one big post while I was starting this piece.  Obviously I should have brought my tinfoil hat in to work this morning.  Even still, its worth reading Kent's analysis at Flames Nation and George Johnson's piece at the Herald to see what's happened to the team under his leadership.  I looked around a bit for a piece defending Darryl's time with the team and came up empty.  No doubt a denier or apologist will appear, so feel free to throw the link in the comments where we can all actively ignore their conclusions.  Let me know what you think, I mean really, even Tiger got himself a 16th chance.


Brent - I don't know about you guys, but I'm not hearing a lot of calls for Brent's head (although a few people have suggested pinning his ears back a little, have you SEEN those things?).  Even though his brother is the boss (and his other brothers are the scouts and his nephew gets ice time on our team), he's only had one year with the team and has a pretty decent coaching resume.  Sometimes I disagree with what he's doing, but then I've never been to the cup on NHL10 in All Star mode.  Heck I don't know, you guys figure it out.


And in case you've lost count, I'll keep up WI's program:

[sutter(s) dismissal countdown: day 37]

1 comment:

AdamH said...

One game left. And I'm not cheering for any flamers. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But dig this from the Canucks site. It's unsigned and I'm not savvy enough to figure out the writer's name.

"Just like there [3] years ago when we had our last game against them we were really focused on shutting down Iggy, for him not to get his 50th," said Luongo. "So I'm sure they'll be focused on shutting our guys down."

I added the 3 for any literate readers who may wonder what Loo was saying. So, why would we go out of our way to screw Iggy? I mean, sure, we don't want anyone to score but honestly... do what you will.