i totally admit this willie mitchell-fish is nowhere near as good as the wellwoodchuk ones (which still make me laugh)... i've got a new couple of flames-based separated at births to show upcoming, as well....
as for last night's game: it had all the major calgary flames classic manoevers:
- a strong showing for the second game of a b2b, but they couldn't score
- a last minute (or so) goal by the opposition when the flames should have had a lead
- amazing goaltending by the opposing team, with kipper mostly untested
- too many chances by the big line, who eventually get scored on
- finally notch the tying goal, to have the lead taken away almost immediately
- collapse due to frustration and exhaustion. especially by our highest paid players.
so we see edmonton on friday and saturday and i have a feeling that we'll get it done. like i said yesterday, the flames have NEVER been a team to do it the easy way. so they will take it to the very last game of the year in hopes of clinching the NW, i think....