Sunday, January 18, 2009

a love letter to the columbus blue jackets

dear ohio hockey team:

while i don't really dig your uniforms or your logo, i'm pretty glad you gave mike commodore a nice salary (so he can buy me the dinner he owes me), and you gave steve mason a good start. i like those guys, and i also really like freddy modin --even though he kinda boned me in my pool last year... oh, and i really look forward to rick nash suiting up for canada in just less than thirteen months...

but i digress.

i'm still not really sure exactly what you're named for; whether it's a sailor wearing a naval uniform or the war chief of the shawnee people. either way, it doesn't matter cause you went out and stole a point from the canucks for us tonight and that was really cool of you. i mean, it would've been cooler if you'd stolen two but i won't go and be all greedy.

no matter how much i appreciate your efforts tonight, come wednesday i really hope you get your asses handed to you...

yours most sincerely,
wi
xx



[PLEASE CONTINUE TO VOTE IN THE SUNDAY FEEDBACK POLL BELOW, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY !!!!]

6 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Commodore can still bite me.

Sincerely,
Clutterbuck Nation


;)

But I share the anti-Nuck sentiment.

Steal Thunder said...

Pretty sure its a civil war reference, but why they would use it in Ohio is beyond me...

Ms. Conduct said...

Oh, they're all up in the civil war stuff there in Ohio. Er, so says Wikipedia anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_in_the_American_Civil_War

awildermode said...

i thought ohio just had an obsession with denim outerwear.

RobWoolley said...

even though he kinda boned me in my pool

Really now . . .

;-)

walkinvisible said...

swede+WI+boning= i wish