so my superfast eastern swing is coming to an end, and tomorrow i'll spend 25 hours in transit to the opposite end of the globe. then, i'll spend the next month-plus in a country where cricket and footy rule, and nobody cares about "icehockey." so be it. to be true, right now i couldn't care less either, since my beloved team can't even notch a win against one of the worst opponents in the NHL. and i'm struggling in my pools (demitra, you bum, it's supposed to be GABORIK who gets injured !!!)...
i was in north bay, on the weekend, for a wedding.
this, in itself, is not nearly as notable as the hockey game which was being televised during lunch at east side mario's on saturday afternoon... game 2 of the 1986 stanley cup finals. wiiiiiiiiicked..... i don't have a whole lot to say about it, besides the following:
1. iggy could be as good a captain as lanny, if he wants to be.
2. game 2 in 86 was a total defensive breakdown, and we lost in OT ---kinda like half the games we've played this year....
3. al macinnis was damn good... DAMN.
4. mikey vernon had a much quicker glove than i give him credit for (see: kipper)
5. huselius, in all honesty, plays a lot like my boy loob (especially on the PP).
the point ? our current team is easily good enough to go to the finals and lose against the '86 habs.